Welcome to St Cadfan’s in Tywyn, the only town in the Bro Ystumanner Ministry Area.
Tywyn is a popular seaside resort close to the Dysynni Estuary. The church dates from the 11th Century; its Norman structure and the famous stone inside the church inscribed with the oldest-known Welsh writing attract visitors from all over the world. The origins of the church go back to the 6th Century when St Cadfan established a hermitage and church following his arrival in Tywyn in about 516 A.D. We recently celebrated, in 2016, 1500 years since Cadfan and his friends arrived at Tywyn. The first church they built was probably in wattle and daub. Subsequent churches were built in wood and perhaps even in stone before the current Norman building.
Visitors are welcome to visit the Church which is open every day from 8.00 am to 5.30 pm. In the event of any query the Churchwarden can be contacted on 01654 712116.