St David's, Abergynolwyn - History
St David’s has a simple charm, perhaps to appeal to the strong spirit of non-conformism, represented by three chapels in the village, when it was built in 1879-80. It was built to designs of Henry Kennedy who was Diocesan architect at the time and there are some notable features. The painted brick interior and open timber roof, complemented by cusped lancet windows, are part of the welcoming atmosphere of the church. The bellcote was originally above the west wall but at some stage this was moved to an interesting position above the vestry from where the bell is rung. There is a gabled half-timbered north porch which provides magnificent views over the Fathew Valley. The Tallylyn Railway runs close to the rear of the church.