Early-Victorian church built in 1840-1843 and designed by Thomas Jones, of Chester. Bell-cote bell inscribed 1660. Originally hung in the Old Church Llangelynnin
The church consists of an undivided nave and chancel, with a gallery and bell-cote at the West. end. A modern extension has been built beyond the West. end for toilet, and vestry use The church is grade two listed (2005).
A parish church with nave and chancel under a single roof, still in the simple lancet style of the early C19 that was favoured before the ecclesiological revival of the 1840s, with added West porch and vestry. Of rubble stone with slate roof behind coped gables.
The added freestone W bell-cote has a single bell. Below it are 3 stepped pointed windows lighting the gallery. The added West porch has vestry rooms set back on each side and with splayed corners, all beneath coped parapets concealing the roofs. The entrance has pointed double doors, the vestry rooms small pointed windows.
The N and S walls of the main church have 3 pointed windows.
The added late C19 E window is 3-light Perpendicular under a hood mould. Above the window is a diamond tablet recording the building of the church in 1842.
From the porch are segmental-headed panelled doors to the nave and, on the L, a simple dog-leg stair to the gallery.
The 6-bay roof has collar-beam trusses with diagonal struts below the collars. The W gallery has a panelled front.
The Gothic panelled reredos in the sanctuary is C20.
The freestone Perpendicular style font is dated 1914. It has a stem of
4 clustered marble shafts with foliage capitals around the underside of the bowl, an octagonal bowl with relief ornament, and the inscription 'Suffer little children' around the rim.
Simple pews have shaped ends.
The polygonal wooden pulpit, dated 1913, has open cusped arches.
The communion rail has twisted iron uprights and scroll brackets
to a moulded wooden rail.
Chancel windows form a set by the same artist, post 1915. In the
E and S windows Christ is depicted with women, including Jairus's daughter and Mary sister of Martha, and in the N window is the angel pronouncing the resurrection to Mary Magdalene and Mary mother of James.